Friday, July 10, 2009

Aspiring photographer

Have I ever mentioned that I'm an aspiring photographer? I currently do not own a fancy camera (I'm lucky to have a point and shoot) and am unable to afford all the fancy programs but oh, do I love to take pictures. One of my dreams for when I grow up is to be a freelance/hobby photographer. I love looking at beautiful photographs online and I think that the Internet era has made it so much easier for people with aspirations like mine to find inspiration and tutorials for so much. I know that that's not the only thing needed, but it sure helps.
As I was looking through my camera's memory chip yesterday I was surprised to see mostly pictures of my 9 month old daughter and not as many of my 8 year old son...hmm...I wonder why? I'm rationalizing that he's not doing as much interesting stuff as he used to (playing video games, summer schoolwork...eh, not so fun) whereas my daugher is discovering so much (eating my moms flowers from the garden, trying to touch the cat while at the same time kind of scared); then again there's that fact that she's so much more a willing subject to photograph than my son is. I hope he never asks me where all his pictures from his 8th year on have gone, because I'll have no idea what to tell him. Oh well, I know there's a shoebox full of pictures of him somewhere in here :)

Places I find inspiration: shuttersisters.com, pioneerwoman.com

No comments: