Sunday, February 3, 2008

For all you football fans out there

Well, I didn't hang up my clothes. They're still in a pile on a sofa in my bedroom...but, I did clean my bathroom and if that's not a start damnit I don't know what is. I know this for sure though, I know that I have to get at least the 1st floor of my house clean because we're having a SuperBowl party tonight!

Now, I was born and raised in Brooklyn, NY by Mexican parents. Football was never a part of my life; futbol was, but not football. Then I moved to Illinois and the Chicago Bears were going to the Superbowl and then everybody everywhere I looked started wearing blue and orange. Then all of a sudden it was bring your team colors to school day at my Chicka's school and wear your Bears gear to work day and even my 50 yr old Mexican mom got into the spirit of things and bought herself an orange t-shirt and wore it to work. It was crazy I tell you. I've never watched football before, don't really understand it but here we were last year holding an improptu party with McDonald's 99 cents double cheeseburgers, small fries and some soda. Throughout the whole party my hubby, who was the only person present who really understood the game, gave us the play by play in simple understandable form to us. Yes, the Bears lost but a tradition was born.

So this year the New York Giants are playing the Patriots and yes, I know that we're the underdogs here but there's always hope. Go Giants!!

No comments: