Friday, February 1, 2008

My First Post

Well, this is my first post ever on my first blog ever (I don't know if MySpace counts or not but anyway, that's private and this is not) I have been wanting to join the blogging world for some time now but just never had the guts, but now I've finally gone and done it.

Let me start by introducing myself: I'm Crystal and I'm 26 years old. I live in Illinois but was born and raised in NYC so moving here was a big change for me...for us. I have a husband and a 6 year old son both named Robert and both pains in the butt most of the time, but they do have their good moments.

I will strive to write as poignantly (is that even a word?) and as witty as some of my favorite bloggers (Dooce, Pioneer Woman, Mandajuice, and many others) and I will also try to keep up with some regular postings.

Today was a special day for us around here because 8" of snow later and we got a snow day. I particularly love snow days because I work in the school system and therefore get the day off as well (even though I don't like driving in the stuff or shoveling it off the driveway is not much fun either) But I got to spend the day lazying at home and thinking about all the stuff that I could get done while being home. Thinking being the key word in that sentence, seeing as how it's now 4:08pm and have not yet to lift a finger around her. But then again, that's what snow days are for...right?

I think I'll go off and hang up my clothes now.

No comments: