Tuesday, February 5, 2008

We are the champions...

We won, we won, we won won won !!! WooHoo!!!
Well, I've finally gotten that out of my system. It was a great game and even though I only watched the 4th quarter and understood even less of it we had a great time here in my house. My parents, brothers and cousins came over; we had pizza, buffalo wings, nachos, chips...etc. It was great!

Changing the subject, we've been having really crappy weather around here lately. Last week we got lots of snow, we got snow over the weekend, yesterday was really, really foggy and soggy and it's just been plain craptastic. Now don't get me wrong, I love watching the snow come down and settle over the trees and bushes as much as the next person but I don't really enjoy driving in it. As for the rain, I don't mind driving in it, but I do mind getting to my car and it's in the middle of a swimming pool. Let me explain: the parking lot at work has a real drainage problem meaning that when it rains the middle of the parking lot turns into one of the lakes that Illinois has so many of. Well, yesterday morning, it wasn't raining and I was running late (as usual) so I just parked in the closest parking spot to the door (which let me tell you was not that close) and ran inside. Well, since I was running late I didn't get to make myself any lunch so I had to run out at lunchtime to go to McDonalds. I ran out and my car was smack dab in the middle of a swimming pool. Since it had rained, there was lots of melting snow and then the drainage problem I was telling you about I felt my car needed some sort of scuba diving mission to get to. Needless to say I was not wearing boots and my feet and socks got very wet. I think I resigned myself and just walked pretty fast to my door and tried to get in as dry as possible (which unfortunately was not very dry at all, can anyone say Athlete's foot???)

No comments: